NEWS ABOUT REOPENING
Covenant of Gathering of the North Haven Congregational Church UCC
We covenant to work with each other and with our family and friends to keep our community safe and healthy.
We respect other people in the same physical space by wearing a face mask which covers nose and mouth the entire time we are gathered.
We show care for each person who is not from our household by keeping six feet safe distance.
We worship God through prayer and praise, and may speak or hum quietly but will not sing aloud while gathered.
We honor others by staying home if we are not feeling well or may have been exposed, knowing we can worship together whether gathered in person or in spirit.
We covenant to love, respect and care for each other through joyful times and in times of challenge, uncertainty and loss.
We worship as one body united in God’s love and we listen together for God’s still-speaking voice.
Introducing the ReOpening Team
The ReOpening Team is charged with the task of determining safety guidelines, precautions, and procedures in response to the COVID19 virus. These precautions and procedures will guide the planning for worship and church programming, and the safe, gradual return to in-person worship and church activities. The work of the ReOpening Team is guided by recommendations from the Southern New England Conference, UCC, and guidelines from the State of Connecticut, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Quinnipiack Valley Health District.
The members of the ReOpening Team include:
Carol Amico – Physician Assistant in Infectious Diseases, Yale-New Haven Hospital Deacon and Choir Member
Susan Compton – Research Scientist, Chief of Molecular & Serological Diagnostics, Comparative Medicine, Yale Univ. School of Medicine; Choir Member
Paula Diehl – Elderly Housing Management, retired;
Julie McGarry – Program Manager, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Yale University; experience with data management,
Damon Quinn – Church Moderator; Technology Education (Shop) Teacher, Dag Hammarskjold Middle School, Wallingford; Church School parent
Bill Rose – 4th Grade Teacher, Columbus Elementary School, Bridgeport; Church School parent
Scott Morrow – Pastor
The ReOpening Plan
The Church Office is open daily. Julie Schweickert, Scott Morrow and Todd Swarney are working regularly in the building. Karlee Etter and Jeff Hutchins work in the building occasionally. The Food Pantry is in operation, with food distribution on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10-11am.
In person worship has resumed and the worship services are livestreamed online on Sunday mornings. Worship services can also be viewed on NHTV. Online worship services will continue indefinitely.
NHCC and community groups interested in returning to in-person meetings or gatherings in the church should contact Julie Schweickert. The guidelines and precautions for in-person gatherings in the building are similar to those required for worship.
In-person worship and programming may be suspended in the future in response to a rise in COVID19 cases, in accordance with guidance from the State of CT, Quinnipiack Valley Health District, and the CDC.
Group Use in NHCC building
- Screening questions to be answered by all persons prior to entering the building
- Masks covering nose and mouth to be worn at all times in the building.
- Unvaccinated individuals should maintain six-foot safe distance, including in elevators and restrooms
- Distanced seating should be provided for unvaccinated individuals. Vaccinated individuals may choose from undistanced or distanced seating
- Kitchen use is not allowed and food is not allowed
- Softly singing
- A list attendees should be maintained.
In-Person Worship in the Sanctuary
- Attendees are asked to pre-register
- Attendees can choose from safely distanced seating where household groups maintain 6 foot distancing, or open seating for vaccinated attendees
- Attendees must agree that they have not had symptoms of a viral illness, a COVID diagnosis or COVID exposure in the previous 10 days.
- Attendees may enter the sanctuary at 9AM
- Masks worn covering nose and mouth at all times
- Offering can be placed in box in narthex
- Prepackaged communion elements available in narthex
- Softly singing
- Bathrooms are open
- Ceiling fans off, window fans directed outward
- Plexiglas shields in front of lectern and pulpit
COVID-19 Screening Questions for All People Entering the Church Building
In the past 10 days have you or anyone in your household had new onset of:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever greater than 99.9°F
- Sore throat
- Muscle pains
- Loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
In the past 10 days have you or anyone in your household?
- Tested positive for COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2)?
- Been advised to stay home by a medical professional due to suspected COVID-19?
- Been in contact with anyone with COVID-19?